View Single Post
Old May 13 2009, 07:44 PM   #1669
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Jim Steele wrote: View Post
Frankly, Abrams made a far better film than any of you could
I don't get this attitude at all. I can't cook as well as Gordon Ramsay, but I know a shit sandwich tastes like shit.

Not that Trek 11 is wholly analagous to a shit sandwich. Just saying, it's absurd, and a total non argument to point out that a bunch of opinionated dudes on a Trek forum are incapable of directing a multi million dollar summer blockbuster. Doesn't make a negative view any less valid than a positive one. Is Joss Whedon the only person qualified enough to dislike a TV show?

A few posters were quite rightly complaining earlier on that some people can't seem to criticise the film without having a dig at, or insulting the intelligence of those who happened to enjoy it. Well, it goes both ways. Surely it's not hard to just accept that some folks simply didn't like the film as much as you did, without getting into a pissing match? Some people are even getting personal/hostile. It's insane.
Jim, your thoughts are as equally valid as the next person.

It's just a fucking movie, people.
No, if it was this kind of movie, we'd see bigger numbers at the box office. However, I am intrigued by the idea, and wholly recommend implementing it.

J.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote