View Single Post
Old May 13 2009, 12:24 AM   #1251
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

Day of Honour (**)

Shuttles Lost: 6

I just gave you that motherfrakking shuttle!! What the frak are you morons doing?! It was a gift, and you spit it back in my face?! I ought to strangle the lot of you!!

*cough*

Does anybody know what the point of the first half of this episode was? There was a lot of stuff about B'Elanna and some Klingon ritual and there didn't seem to be much of a point to it, and to be perfectly frank I found it boring. "Me, B'Elanna. Me Klingon. Me angry." Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard it all before.

The second half where Tom and B'Elanna are trapped in space was quite good, I wish that had been the whole episode. Not only was it just two characters talking, something I immensely enjoy watching, but it felt unique because it took place in space and I don't remember seeing that in Star Trek before. It appeals to the nerdy side of my nature that would love to float about in space for a few hours, although preferably with a full oxygen supply.

The b-story involving Seven was your run of the mill Star Trek story that had some very hokey dialogue towards the end. At least Jeri Ryan toned it down this week, and my ears thank her for that.