View Single Post
Old May 12 2009, 06:58 AM   #1527
tauzo
Lieutenant

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Hi! ... lurker here.

Just saw it a second time (I just had to check out the tribble!).

I gotta say... I still thought it was good (i voted excellent), but it lost a little of the shiny for me. First time through, I was so absorbed by the spectacle and charmed by the humor that I definitely overlooked some of the weaknesses. I'd maybe take it down to a 7 (from 8) [caveat: impossible to get a 10 from me, and 9s are super rare, so really 7 is more of a B+ than a C. I know, my grading system sucks.]

Still ... I'm very excited about the ensemble and the possibilities for the new universe. I was happy with pretty much everyone, except, sadly, Spock Prime. His dentures really bothered me. Does that make me a bad person?

I really hope they keep Pike. Great actor and great character.

And I hope they won't be shy about adding some more female characters to the 'new' NCC-1701 crew. (BTW - Is there any consensus on what are we calling this reality? Nu? New? II? Now? Beta? AK (After Kelvin) ... 'alternate' doesn't seem right since it's the new 'true' reality ... or something ... er, I digress)

'Nuther little TOS ref I hadn't noticed the 1st time: Mr. red suit 'expendable' ... that made me laugh. I'm sure there's a ton more that I missed. I'll have to mine the thread a little more .

Also - Did anyone else notice someone who looked remarkably like a Wesley Crusher at the con in one of the opening Enterprise scenes??
tauzo is offline   Reply With Quote