View Single Post
Old May 12 2009, 03:42 AM   #2
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

Ah, not too bad, not too bad at all. Should be interesting to see those sets laid out in 3D. Do you plan to "wrap them up" in the actual ship, or are you just doing the innards?

By the way, there's not a thing wrong with using any tool you know how to use! Some of the best 2D stuff we've seen in here has been done by people with nothing more than MSPaint!

It's more a matter of the thought process you're going through... the tool is just a tool.

I'll watch this with great interest. I'm finding it fascinating how many Enterprise threads there are right now... a few interested in figuring out the latest ship (which, to me, will never be THE Enterprise, it's "just another ship named Enterprise"), and several focusing on the original ship, or the second variation (which did keep most of the proportions of the classic ship, so it's still damned nice... but despite bookkeeping regulations, isn't the original ship in any meaningful way.)

I'd love to see this fleshed out fully. And AutoCAD is a fine tool for converting 2D prints into something 3D.
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote