View Single Post
Old May 11 2009, 10:10 AM   #1365
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

I'm quite miffed that every time I express my opinion of this film (when asked) people seem to completely ignore what I've said and go on a whinge about how I'm seeing the old series through "rose tinted glasses" and how I can't expect the new film to be Wrath of Khan.

I'm talking IRL here.

I'm thinking, I've just said I admired their balls in effectively scrapping the canon. I think it's a good move. No, I neither know nor care whether or not the stardates match up. I'm judging the film on its own merits, not based on how it fits with a dead 20th century science fiction franchise that a good chunk of the new film's audience are barely old enough to remember.

Argh. And I see some of the same attitudes displayed in here. I know there are people blind bashing it - forget them. Some of us though just didn't like the film as much as others and we all have our reasons. Is that so hard to accept?

Sincerely,

I. B. Miffed, Hertfordshire

(Seriously, I found a lot to like about the film, but as a whole it just didn't mesh for me, and there were some glaring utter stupidites. Nero was the shittest Trek villain since the last baldy Romulan cocksucker.)