View Single Post
Old May 11 2009, 05:08 AM   #1351
Jolantru
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

N00B poster here! Greeting all!

I just want to say I FREAKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! I have not loved a Trek film this much since Wrath of Khan.

But I think I might even love this movie more than Khan. Why? Finally we get a Trek movie with a decent budget. As much as I loved Khan, they reused effects shots from ST:TMP, which is just cheap and wrong. But Khan had a great story line.

This movie has a great story, great action, and finally looks like a big budget movie.

I know some folks are having sour grapes about this film. It's too bad that they can't enjoy this movie for what it is, a major ass kicking, blow you out of your mind experience.

Yes this is a reboot, so what? If you want to watch the "cannon", just go out and rent or buy the DVD's, problem solved. I would rather see a good compelling story than to have some super sacred "cannon" preserved.

And for those that don't like the movie... if you don't like it fine, but geez don't act like this is worse than the genocide going on in Darfur. It's just a movie, and as I said, you can always go watch reruns or get the DVD's, or go read some fan fic.
Jolantru is offline   Reply With Quote