View Single Post
Old May 10 2009, 09:41 AM   #38
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Re: blog post about ST:Online timeline

NCC74894A wrote: View Post
jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Star Trek Online begins in the year 2409, which is about 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.

Christine "Kestrel" Thompson has posted a new blog over on MMORPG.com - In this blog she talks about the daunting task of writing thirty years of Star Trek History and how exactly she has chosen to approach the whole thing.
In addition, she also mentions a couple of tidbits that we havent heard about yet - Laas and the missing 98 changlings from the "100" - which could give us some idea about what to expect in some future updates.
What happened to the Klingons? How were the Cardassians recovering from the Dominion War? Where were Laas and the missing 98 changelings, and what did they want? What was the Federation doing when all of this was going on? What about the Gorn, or the Orions? And so on.
full blog post:
http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Awenyddi...strel-Thompson

original source
I see that they've reached the year 2387, including the events of Countdown (the comic series/graphic novel written as a lead-in to the Star Trek movie, chronicling the destruction of Romulus and the rise of Nero). I wonder how far in advance they knew about this, as their previous backstory seemed to devote a lot of time to Romulan political developments that now, apparently, will have no bearing on the game.
They've been in talks for a while now, you'll notice that the major players in the Romulan political system "mysteriously disappeared" before Romulus' destruction. After launch the next two factions Cryptic want to release are the Dominion and the Romulans, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens once the timeline reaches 2409.