View Single Post
Old May 10 2009, 01:48 AM   #1048
ST-One
Vice Admiral

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Captain That Wasn't wrote: View Post
This board makes for a fascinating sociological study of the fanbase.

Many of us still demand that Star Trek at least try and maintain a certain level of intelligence in the storytelling.
You can see an example of that at your local cinema; just buy a ticket for Star Trek and enjoy a great two hours of movie-magic.

Others are willing to forgive even the most egregious boners so long as the result is an exciting movie.
'... but where is the heavy handed massage.'
'Honestly, if I wanted to see sexy people doing exiting stuff I'd watch sports.'

Then we have still others who could be treated to a two-hour presentation of Leonard Nimoy's last colonoscopy and shout from the rooftops that it was the greatest Star Trek ever.

This last group is in full-throated ecstasy in this thread, and quite frankly, they scare me, because they're gonna take an arguably moribund franchise and take it right off the cliff Thelma & Louise style in their exuberance over this loud, flashy, and lobotomized Star Trek doppleganger.

So, I say again, Kool-Aid drinkers, enjoy the ride, 'cause it ain't gonna last. Your version doesn't have the integrity to hold up over time.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote