View Single Post
Old May 9 2009, 02:00 AM   #766
Natural
Captain

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Just saw this movie with my girlfriend (who isn't much of a ST fan at all) and we both loved it! Wow, what a surprise. I remember being so skeptical when the notion of a prequel first came about. I'm happy to be proven wrong. It's also exciting that a non-ST fan loved it so much. Gives me hope that the movie will do well and keep these coming.

I know if you examine the plot, the frequent coincidences, and the random guy villain, you could probably come up with a whole list of reasons as to why this movie isn't perfect. But at this point who cares. The movie was entertaining and kept a smile on both of our faces throughout. It's been a long time since I've been captivated by ST (First Contact/End of DS9 era), so I'm not going to find excuses to diminish this experience. Alls I can say is, thank god for J.J. Abrams, and I can't wait for the next film. I'm really hoping this does as well at the box office as it should.