View Single Post
Old May 9 2009, 12:50 AM   #759
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Though money says Vulcan will be resurrected with in this "franchise's" run.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the major driving-force of the next film.
I hope not. That's not to say I wouldn't see it, or pre-judge it, but Star Trek had the balls to do something big and change up the whole thing for once, and I wouldn't like to see a u-turn.
I should clarify. What I really meant is Vulcan's resurrection will be the focus--whether or not they succeed will ultimately be up to the suits.

In fact that'd actually be my wet dream: for this group to do some good old fashioned high concept Star Trek revolved around them trying to restore Vulcan and failing.

And I'd debate anyone who says high concept can't be successful in this day and age. Because, at least compared to today's standards, TDK was fairly high concept--certainly as much as any Trek episode.

I'm not asking for anything along TMP's lines. As much as I'd like it, I know it's just not a possibility, but I do think Orci and Kurtzman have a good intelligent script in them, one that can still maintain the charm and fun of this movie.