View Single Post
Old May 8 2009, 04:57 AM   #450
Tikkun
Lieutenant

Re: This is not your father's Star Trek.

Destructor wrote: View Post
ConRefit79 wrote: View Post
The only sad part is, I have to say goodbye to what I've become used to seeing from Star Trek. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.
I know how you feel, but do remember that the old friend is still there, the episodes you know and love are still there. I tihnk the film, as much as it hurts, needed to move into a new continuity, in order to give it some level of threat. I don't think it means the continuity we know and love has been wiped out, any more than Enterprise's many time travels wiped out our future shows.

We're either growing or we are dying. Trek needs to grow - and bring in new generations, new fans, new ideas - but all the old ones won't disappear. Even the worst forms of Trek have brought something new to it.

I am going Sunday morning - my daughter is taking me out for mother's day. Hard to wait - but she's worth waiting for. But every positive review brings me joy!!

Wohooooo!!

Tikkun is offline   Reply With Quote