A few random thoughts:
- Are the Remans erased from canon? I can understand Nero not mentioning them, but surely Spock could have said something about their planet being blown up?
- The action scenes are really hard to follow. I get the idea of going for chaos, but it was just confusing and irritating.
- How many times can a man almost fall off a cliff, or get beaten up? The count was three for the first, and I think the latter was a lot more.
- Loved the little introductions for each character, especially Chekov.
- Nero is a quite unconvincing villain, and his meeting with Spock and Kirk was bland.
- Plenty of laughs through the film, especially for Scotty. I think he could be irritating to some who come in with a negative mindset.
- "I'll be monitoring your frequency" got some laughs at the sheer awfulness of the line.
- Pike and McCoy were great characters.
- The snow monsters looked horrible, and that was an awful scene - as bad as the Nemesis planet chase.
- Where the hell are all the Vulcan ships, and for that matter, don't they have any colonies?
- Kirk's promotion, and the promotion of most of the crew, was quite ludicrous.
Overall I liked it, but there are a few things that bug me the more I think about them.