View Single Post
Old May 6 2009, 11:37 PM   #1608
donners22
Commodore

Re: World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

A few random thoughts:

- Are the Remans erased from canon? I can understand Nero not mentioning them, but surely Spock could have said something about their planet being blown up?

- The action scenes are really hard to follow. I get the idea of going for chaos, but it was just confusing and irritating.

- How many times can a man almost fall off a cliff, or get beaten up? The count was three for the first, and I think the latter was a lot more.

- Loved the little introductions for each character, especially Chekov.

- Nero is a quite unconvincing villain, and his meeting with Spock and Kirk was bland.

- Plenty of laughs through the film, especially for Scotty. I think he could be irritating to some who come in with a negative mindset.

- "I'll be monitoring your frequency" got some laughs at the sheer awfulness of the line.

- Pike and McCoy were great characters.

- The snow monsters looked horrible, and that was an awful scene - as bad as the Nemesis planet chase.

- Where the hell are all the Vulcan ships, and for that matter, don't they have any colonies?

- Kirk's promotion, and the promotion of most of the crew, was quite ludicrous.

Overall I liked it, but there are a few things that bug me the more I think about them.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote