View Single Post
Old May 6 2009, 07:08 PM   #10
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

Re: Vertical Intermix Chamber and TMP Enterprise

Praetor wrote: View Post
Well, the TNG TM makes it pretty clear that what we see in TNG engineering is at the middle of the core on deck 36 of the D, so I'd be inclined to put it in the same location as engineering on the refit as well. I don't think there was any original intention for it to be the top. However, one does wonder why the refit setup would have two 'branches' of similar fashion where the original only had one running longitudinally.
Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. When I refered to the original intent for this area, I was reffering to TMP etc, refit, not to TNG setup, (see Probert's cross section) Obviously this area in TNG was the "intermix chamber", but it doesn't necessarily follow that this is true in the E-A? I think by pretending that "TNG set" is actually at the top of the core in the E-A (or at least something coincidently very similar) we can accomodate both it and the traditional TMP intermix chamber "set" layout in the same ship? I agree, though, the deflector cystal should be connectd to the warp core, I'm just sayin it's possible that it need not be?

Last edited by TIN_MAN; May 6 2009 at 07:18 PM.
TIN_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote