View Single Post
Old May 5 2009, 12:16 AM   #12
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: THOR-starts shooting Jan2010: Updates, Rumors & Casting till relea

blockaderunner wrote: View Post
I would imagine that it was mandate from the editors handed down to Millar because he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to include something like that in his comic. I'm sure if he had it his way, Thor wouldn't have been the true god of thunder in keeping with the "realism" of the Ultimates.
Doubtful; among other things, the whole story of the second volume revolves around Loki and Thor, and given how successful Ultimates was, there's no way Marvel would order Millar to change something so big about his own story. Besides which, Millar's done plenty of fantastical stuff, from Superman to The Authority.
Which makes me wonder if the Thor Branagh is bringing to the screen is based on the classic Lee/Kirby Thor, how will he fit in the tech heavy (and Ultimates inspired) Iron Man and Hulk movies?
Neither Iron Man nor Hulk have much to do with the Ultimate versions (nothing notable at all in the case of the former, in the latter the only tangible link being the idea that a supersoldier-derivative formula was involved in the Hulk's creation).

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote