View Single Post
Old May 4 2009, 10:25 PM   #11
blockaderunner
Rear Admiral

Re: THOR-starts shooting Jan2010: Updates, Rumors & Casting till relea

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
blockaderunner wrote: View Post
I don't want some "realistic" delusional crazy person, enviornmentalist with weather controlling tech.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the entire Ultimates/Ultimates 2 arc, but Millar's story ends by clearly demonstrating that Thor is in fact Thor (complete with a giant army of Asgardian warriors appearing in the finale to help defeat Loki).

But it was that cocktease in the beginning (among other things) that drove me away from the Ultimates early in its run so I didn't know. I would imagine that it was mandate from the editors handed down to Millar because he doesn't strike me as the type of guy to include something like that in his comic. I'm sure if he had it his way, Thor wouldn't have been the true god of thunder in keeping with the "realism" of the Ultimates.

Which makes me wonder if the Thor Branagh is bringing to the screen is based on the classic Lee/Kirby Thor, how will he fit in the tech heavy (and Ultimates inspired) Iron Man and Hulk movies?
If God is willing but not able to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent. If he is able but not willing, then he is malevolent. If he is willing and able, then whence come evil? If he is neither willing nor able, then why call him God?
blockaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote