View Single Post
Old May 4 2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Discovery Kids to become GI Joe/Transformers Channel (kind of)

Cutter John wrote: View Post
“This joint venture reinforces Discovery’s strategy to develop strong brands, maximize the potential of our extensive distribution in the U.S. and work with the highest quality content partners to create long-term value,” said David Zaslav, President and CEO of Discovery Communications. “Brian Goldner and the dynamic management team at Hasbro have a long track record of developing well-respected quality brands that entertain and encourage creative play. The combined assets of both partners provide a compelling platform for building a trusted children’s destination that engages and enlightens a thirsty and growing audience.”

All I know is I'd like to punch anyone who actually talks like this really, really hard.
As an employee, I can tell you that all of Discovery's press releases and announcements sound like this.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote