View Single Post
Old May 1 2009, 09:46 PM   #1513
Kruge
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Furiously shuttling between the Prime and Alternate Universes...
Send a message via Yahoo to Kruge
Re: World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

KirkusOveractus wrote: View Post
^ I do understand what you've written, but I think they covered the age issue with the implication of the timeframe of TWOK. TMP was supposed to be 2 1/2 years after TOS (or thereabouts), and TWOK was supposed to be 10 years after that, which brings everything up to the right timeframe.

However, TWOK never mentions on screen the time between, so we'll never really know.

Wasn't the final year of the Enterprise's five-year mission mentioned in an episode of ENT?
Yes it was....

You know, the funny thing is that before TNG and the subsequent Trek movies, there never was an established chronology for Trek...fans speculated that the series occured in the very early 23rd century, and their estimates were proven right when, in the opening scene of TWOK, we are told for the first time what century Trek takes place in....I am not 100 percent sure about this, but I remember reading that firm dates did not come about until much later...in fact, it may have been with TNG explicity stating the year as 2364 in one episode that people started working backwards and figuring out when the shows and movies took place

It doesnt really matter, it's just one of those thigns that bothers me...personally, I doubt we'll be even close to that advanced by the 23rd century...at the present pace, we'll probably barely have sent manned missions to the farthest reaches of the Solar System, and I think based on what I've read that any kind of feasible means of traveling interstellar distances is many centuries away...not impossible, just improbable...