View Single Post
Old April 30 2009, 06:32 AM   #68
NCC74894A
Fleet Captain

Location: The Laurentian system, albeit about a century too late
Re: Star Trek season 1 on blu-ray: April 28

I also picked up the set at Best Buy yesterday. (BTW I've already got the complete original 40-disc standard DVD collection, so I never bothered with the standard DVD season boxed sets which came a few years later.) The first ep I watched was "A Taste Of Armageddon" which is still one of my top three TOS episodes. It looks absolutely fantastic.

I also like the packaging and package art - simple and understated, yet immediately recognizable as Trek. I am a bit puzzled by the tagline on the back though. I know, "The Best Of Both Worlds" refers to having both the original and enhanced versions of each episode, and of course it's a cute in-joke for TNG fans. But why would Paramount need to pander to TNG fans in marketing a TOS boxed set? Besides, the "Best Of Both Worlds" slogan has long since been co-opted by a certain 'tween idol. I can just see legions of newly minted teen and twentysomething Star Trek fans coming out of the movie and going to Best Buy, seeing the Season 1 Blu-Ray set on the shelves, taking one look at the tagline and, not knowing any better, thinking "Whoa, wait a minute... How could Miley Cyrus have been in TOS?"

Last edited by NCC74894A; April 30 2009 at 07:44 AM.
NCC74894A is offline   Reply With Quote