View Single Post
Old April 27 2009, 07:04 PM   #55
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Reunification - makes no sense?

davidant32 wrote: View Post
Lt.Cmdr.LaForge wrote: View Post
further up this thread alot of posts were about the 'plot hole' of how on earth the romulans would have been able to capture and hold vulcan. I may be wrong on this one, but i was under the impression that because vulcans are pacifists they dont really have much a strong defence system in place and that they rely on the protection of the federation...
There is speculation that some Federation starships are manned almost entirely by a Vulcan crew (as evidenced by the USS Intrepid in TOS).

Also, the Vulcans had many a space battle, esp with the Andorians, during ENT.
Captain Silva LaForge's USS Hera from 'Interface' was said to have had a crew of mostly Vulcans. The USS T'Kumbra from 'Take Me Out to the Holosuite' specifically had an all-Vulcan crew. Both were over a century after the Intrepid, so it seems clear that the increased presence of alien crewmen aboard our Hero facilities does not necessarily indicate full species integration.

Alternatively, it could mean that Vulcans are a special case of having their 'own' ships - and perhaps so are certain other races?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote