View Single Post
Old April 24 2009, 10:30 AM   #1605
Starkers
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
I find it hard to have any sympathy for Southampton due to their bitterness after the playoffs a few years ago.

Derby are on the edge of the list, but I doubt we'll have too much trouble. All of the other teams below us need to get points with us getting none. Personally, I think we'll beat Charlton tomorrow and then it doesn't matter either way.

Roy Keane at Ipswich, not so sure that's a great idea. Seems to have questionable man-management skills and really only achieved anything at Sunderland after spending 80m and having Niall Quinn's unconditional support. He won't have anything like that at Ipswich. I'm surprised he's taken that job to be honest.
Well it is unlikely, but unfortunately not impossible. I reckon we'll probably get a point against Charlton tomorrow and someone else will slip up making it academic.

I thought Keane did an ok job to get Sunderland promoted. I don't think he spent too much getting them up (although he got some nice loan players from Utd if I recall correctly) it was after promotion that he went spend crazy (but he did keep them up remember.)

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote