View Single Post
Old April 23 2009, 08:22 AM   #198
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY
Re: Excelsior Technical Manual - Revived!

Grammatical Nit Pic's...

The saying is ...long since gone...

Suggest...

Much has been said and written about the U.S.S. Excelsior and her sister ships over the previous century. At first, the Excelsiors' stature as the 'Great Experiment' was shattered by the failure of her transwarp drive. However, even with this early defeat, she continued on to final victory. The illustrious and successful service career of not only Excelsior, but also her 469 sister ships, most of which are long since gone, proved through an era of uncertainty and constant political change, too be one of the most successful starship classes in Starfleet history.
And also, one of the most ubiquitous symbols of Federation principles.
Excelsiors gave hope to millions on the myriad of worlds they visited and offered fierce opposition to those who tried to silence the call of freedom throughout Federation space.
As the 24th century draws to a close, the remaining Excelsiors still in service will be retired, committed to the history books, but their legend and the spirit of the men and women who served on them, --boldly going where no one has gone before-- will live on.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.

Last edited by DaveyNY; April 23 2009 at 08:46 AM.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote