View Single Post
Old April 22 2009, 11:34 AM   #558
jhempel24
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek: Destiny Book 3: Lost Souls - (SPOILERS)

I guess I'm in the very large minority of people who, while enjoyed the trilogy, didn't really think that it was what everyone was saying it is. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy them.

Book 3 was great, but the first two, I really just skimmed all the past stuff because it was pretty obvious what was going to happen from Book 1, it was just a matter of when. Plus those characters weren't all that interesting. Though the relationship between Hernandez and Inyx was pretty intriguing.

I was really kind of rooting for Will and Deanna's baby to not survive, yeah, kind of cold, but nothing like that really happens in books like these, and it would make for some tense moments in future Titan Novels.

I did like the Borg just annihilating the Federation, there was a sense of "OH CRAP" in there, and I did like the fact that Picard really had nothing to do with the solution except for providing the transport to the Cube Scout, finally he takes a back seat, and someone had the junk to say screw you this is what's going to happen.

Should be interesting to see where they go from here, I haven't read Singular Destiny or the Titan or Voyager releases to follow, so hopefully they will be a bit better than these.

Good books, but I think this could have been a Duology and not a Trilogy.

I know I'll get flamed, but hey, it's only one persons opinion.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote