View Single Post
Old April 19 2009, 09:38 PM   #22
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Star Trek: Online ship interiors

based on the post about Cryptic Dev Team details
regarding ship interiors in the game.
I just came across this.

The largest Starfleet starships like the Galaxy- and Sovereign-class were not designed for individuals to own, but to act as in-space "towns" called hubs. Such ships would have been commanded by a NPC crew, and their interiors rendered in high detail;
-memory alpha

The work you see here is one of 12 decks I was asked to help develop. Working from October through December, 2005, the Game Designer, Art Director, and I planned out the basic elements of those decks and I built them as simple 3D models, helping us all to visualize those spaces quickly. Then, choosing one of the decks,.. Medical & Sciences: Deck-7, I was asked to sketch each of the rooms, adding details that would be seen and used in the game. As of this writing, this is the only deck I've been asked to take through 'concept phase' completion.
Andrew Probert's Concepts and designs 21 images made in 2006 for PERPETUAL ENTERTAINMENT

Interior layout designs STAR TREK ONLINE GAME for Deck7 Medical and Sciences section.
http://www.probertdesigns.com/Folder..._PerpEnt..html

His Official Trek related job titles:
STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, 1979
PRODUCTION ILLUSTRATOR

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, 1986-87
SENIOR CONSULTING ILLUSTRATOR

In January 2008, Perpetual Entertainment ceased production of the game and laid off the entire Star Trek Online development team.
Non-code assets of the development were transferred to Cryptic Studios, who have subsequently developed their own title under the same name, but with significantly different game mechanics.
SOURCE

These may be the actual interiors Cryptic Studios used.

Last edited by jefferiestubes8; April 20 2009 at 12:53 PM.