View Single Post
Old April 14 2009, 11:06 PM   #1557
Starkers
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
Our defence is awful. I'd be tempted to get rid of the lot of them in the summer and start again.

Midfield, fine. Up front, fine. With the likes of Addison, Green and Davies to come back from injury I don't think we have any problems in either of those departments.

In defence, woeful, truly woeful.

I'd be inclined to keep Connolly but the rest, get rid. Todd, McEveley, Albrechtsen, Nyatanga, Stewart etc, just not good enough.

Pulled our usual trick yesterday; rubbish start, turned it around, and then failed to capitalise, spurning numerous chances to go 3-1 up, only to then pay the price with our keystone cops defenders playing up again.

Still, Forest are in the relegation zone, so not a completely horrible day's results......
Yeah I think its clear where Clough's summer work will be centered...maybe a midfielder--depending who leaves--but I doubt we'll get another striker in unless someone bids silly money for Commons/Hulse and we have to replace them. Could we see a totally new back four? Possibly. I do think Connelly is worth hanging onto, as is Alby, and if he can stay fit I'd include Leacock as well (when he's confident he is a brilliant defender)

There will definitely be more out than in in the summer though (I hope)
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote