Thread: Miranda Class
View Single Post
Old April 7 2009, 10:42 PM   #22
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Miranda Class

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
sbk1234 wrote: View Post
If you want (what I think) is the real reason: TPTB probably felt that since the Constitution Class Enterprise was a "hero" ship, there can't be another ship on screen that looked like it, since it could cause some confusion among the audience.
But that's just my two cents worth.
I would try to argue that no one thought the audience would be confusing the ship on screen with a "hero" ship when they showed all kinds of Galaxy class ships on DS9, but then considering how often I heard people say "is that the Enterprise?"...
One must also consider the first time DS9 showed a Galaxy class, it was to blow it up to make a point. Afterward, all the ones we saw were after the Enterprise-D was (grumble) destroyed and it was technically no longer a Hero Ship.

TNG had overlap with the TOS movies, which is probably why they avoided showing operational Constitution class ships - even though it was 80 years later, they were still making the movies with them in them. Which in turn probably explains why there was never a CGI model made of it, which is why we didn't see them in action on DS9 or VGR.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote