View Single Post
Old April 5 2009, 05:45 PM   #65
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: Contradictions between Firefly series & Serenity

Christopher wrote: View Post
The main set inconsistency aside from the cargo bay is the dining area. In the original, I believe its floor is raised a couple of steps relative to the corridors, but in the movie it's either level with or below the corridors.

The other significant inconsistency is the presence of FTL communications. In the series, we never saw anyone having real-time conversations with anyone unless they were orbiting their planet or close to their ship. Any communication over greater distances was handled by mail or recorded messages. The implication was that they were limited to lightspeed communication. But in the movie, there was instantaneous communication from anywhere in the system to anywhere else in the system, even though at lightspeed there would've been time lags of minutes or hours.
It's been a while since I've sat through the series, but would that be an inconsistancy or have we just never seen it happen? I don't recall it ever being stated, "Hey, we can't do this with our communications system.".

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote