View Single Post
Old April 3 2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Andy Mangels
Writer

Re: LGBT Characters in Trek (Help and no flames Please)

neogothboy74 wrote: View Post
Krell (or so I'm told) from
"Kobayashi Maru" by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin

Thanks for the help Chemahkuu I already had them listed, but it's nice to have it confirmed! can you tell me if Krell's husband had a name?
Admiral Krell's husband was Kon’Jef, based on a very large costumer friend of mine named Jeff Cone.

The exact line in which he outs himself is in this passage:

“If you harm Krell any further,” she snarled, “you will not see another sunrise, DenobuluSngan.” She spat out the Klingon name for his race as though it were a curse.
As she moved away from him, Phlox stepped in to examine the work already being done by Kon’Jef and the other Klingon medic. The work seemed to be competent — at least so far — but Phlox feared it would leave Krell with only partial use of his hand.
“Please allow me to assure you and the admiral’s. . . wife, that I will do everything in my power to help him.”
Kon’Jef glared at him with hard, steel-gray eyes. “She’s his sister. I am his husband. And I will make certain you do nothing wrong.”
Being a Denobulan with three wives, each of whom had three spouses of her own, Phlox had no reason to find Krell’s family arrangement in any way unusual. Nodding, he reached for a microscalpel that lay on a nearby tray. “Do you have a pair of fiber-enhancers and some brighter surgical lights?” he asked the other two medical personnel. “I’d like to make certain that Admiral Krell regains full use of his arm.”
Andy Mangels is offline   Reply With Quote