View Single Post
Old April 3 2009, 12:28 PM   #7
neogothboy74
Commander

Send a message via AIM to neogothboy74 Send a message via Yahoo to neogothboy74
Re: LGBT Characters in Trek (Help and no flames Please)

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
Ranul Keru is a gay Trill.

Kent Norel in Titan is IIRC, gay too. (human)

there was a lesbian in a TNG novel called 'The Best and the Brightest'. the first one.

T'Prynn in Vanguard is a lesbian Vulcan

there's a pair of gay Klingons mentioned in IKS Gorkon. one's more accurately bisexual since he's married. (gay affair)
I had Kenneth Norellis, the lesbian characters from 'The Best and the Brightest' (trill Moll Enor & human Jayme Miranda), T'Prynn (and Mirror T'Prynn from David Mack's "The Sorrows of Empire" - hottest scene ever).

I didn't have the gay Klingons from IKS; what book are they in? Do you remember?

Thank you captcalhoun!

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
oh, and a gay Vulcan appeared in New Frontier.
If you mean Selar's brother Slon, I have him too. And I believe he referenced his former partner Sotok - I made a note of that one.

The New Frontier series is extremely inclusive. One of the things I love about it is that the characters are often not assumed to be straight. Peter David gets it. And I appreciate it.

David R. George III wrote: View Post
Happy to help, Jason. By the way, I just edited my original message in this thread, as I remembered another LGBT relationship.
Thanks for letting me know; I might have missed out on the update. I was aware of Krissten Richter & Etana Kol from the DS9 Relaunch (though I couldn't remember what novels they appeared in) but I was under the impression that they had been introduced in a comic book? Or perhaps they were introduced in the comics and then you brought them together? I'll have to research them more. I've not actually seen the comics in question, I just have some scribbled notes about them. Thanks again for the info.
-----------------------------

Concerning the Titan character Bowan Radowski, was it just me or was it implied that Radowski was interested in Keru? I remember reading something about a look between them but it has yet to be followed up on. And actually, I don't think the character has appeared since the first 2 Titan novels, though I could be wrong.

-----------------------------
Maybe I should post the LGBT characters I already have? I'll try to organize a post for that.
neogothboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote