View Single Post
Old April 3 2009, 11:50 AM   #2
David R. George III
Writer

Send a message via AIM to David R. George III Send a message via Yahoo to David R. George III
Re: LGBT Characters in Trek (Help and no flames Please)

Jason, I know that I've included a number of LGBT characters in my Star Trek fiction, though it may take me some effort to recollect them all. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few.

In my Lost Era novel, Serpents Among the Ruins, the female Romulan ambassador, Gell Kamemor, had a female partner named Ravent. The couple had a son. Kamemor and her family were characters I created.

In my Crucible: Kirk novel, The Star to Every Wandering, I included as a character the woman who had appeared as the captain of the U.S.S. Saratoga in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. In the novelization of the film, she had been given the surname Alexander. I added her given name and nickname, Margaret ("Madge"), and her married name, Sinclair-Alexander, in tribute to the actress who originated the role. Margaret Alexander married Cynthia Sinclair, and the two hyphenated their last names.

I also included a relationship between Krissten Richter and Etana Kol in my Mission: Gamma novel, Twilight. I think I introduced the relationship, and perhaps one of the two characters, though if I recall correctly, that relationship had been crafted for a subsequent novel; it just made dramatic sense for the romance to be shown at an earlier time in the story arc.

That's all I can think of at the moment, though I know there are others. (How come I can only recall lesbian characters right now?!?) Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll have time to search through my novels to find the others for you. Perhaps some of the readers of my work can help you in a more expeditious manner than I can.

Best of luck with the research and that section of your website.

On Facebook

Last edited by David R. George III; April 3 2009 at 12:10 PM.
David R. George III is offline   Reply With Quote