View Single Post
Old April 1 2009, 10:08 PM   #31
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2
Re: I liked the Borg more before the Borg Queen and Q before Voyager.

Q always has some amusing moment to win me over during his appearances, but lets face it Q was never better than when he was squaring off with Jean-Luc Picard.

As for the Borg, they went from being a villan that destroyed 39 ships with just one of theirs to not being able to take down the USS Voyager. Yeah, they went wimpy to keep them in Voyager, not a great move. Scorpion was a fantastic episode well fantastic 2 episodes, Part 1 better than part 2 due to no Seven of Nine. They had their Borg episodes very well done, when Kes threw Voyager out of Borg Space, they should have actually been out of Borg Space. The fact that their Primary Unimatrix was over 10,000 light years from their territory just makes them sound stupid. Which in and of itself is stupid because the Borg are supposed to have the knowledge of thousands of worlds running through them. Nobody on any of those planets got the good idea to NOT place your Headquarters, where your Queen who, if compromised can lead to the destruction of your Entire Collective somewhere other than your most protected interior system in your own territory?

The Queen aspect was good in First Contact, Alice Krige did a great job. It's to bad they took that and decided to try to use that success to remake Voyager adding Seven, having them face off with the Borg Queen, etc. Making the Borg a regular part of the series, no. Just no.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote