View Single Post
Old April 1 2009, 01:06 PM   #467
EmperorKalan
Commander

Re: A Singular Destiny review thread (possible spoilers)

Vastator wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
What I've always had trouble believing is that the Klingons would use cloaks. I mean, if Starfleet wouldn't "skulk around," why would the Klingons? Wouldn't they consider it dishonorable to sneak around and hide? Sure, you can somewhat rationalize it on the grounds that warriors value stealth, and that you have to decloak to fire so you're still facing your enemy openly. But the whole idea of Klingons using cloaks is basically an unfortunate artifact of Harve Bennett originally writing ST III with Romulan villains and then failing to change the technology when he changed the species.
Really though its not like all Klingons are honourable. I mean consider Gowron or Duras or Toral and quite a few others. Seems to be that some Klingons are more concerned with just winning and fighting then worry about things like honour.

Plus I like to go with what Worf said in regards to Klingons cloaked and lying around in ambush in battlefields:
"In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory."
What's the most ubiquitous Klingon salutation? Not "honor": it's "Q'Apla!" Success!
main drive is gone...
turret number one not responding...
Mayday...
losing cabin pressure fast...
calling anyone...
please help...
EmperorKalan is offline   Reply With Quote