View Single Post
Old March 31 2009, 10:19 PM   #100
Mallet
Fleet Captain

Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
Or blow his brains out. Zombie rule. I can only assume that Sayid was seriously not right in the head when he did this, either through the trauma of returning to the Island seeing Young Ben or the "truth serum" or a combination of the two, because I really felt that he was out of character in this episode.
Seems to me the point of the entire episode was to set up the final scene as being in-character, that that was really his true character.
I agree. It shows Sayid as someone who will make the hard choices and will do what needs to be done. Everyone else has seemed to forget that Ben is an evil, lying, bastard who tormented & tortured them when they first crashed on the island. Had his minions kidnap and kill the losties from the front and tail sections of the plane and then he continued to manipulate them even when they got off the Island, forcing them to go back.

Sayid knew that killing Ben, young or old, was the right thing to do. And if killing Ben as a kid prevented all the bad stuff from happening in the future, then that is even better.

it's like the age old question, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he rose to power, would you do it?

Sayid would.