View Single Post
Old March 31 2009, 10:32 AM   #54
neogothboy74
Commander

Send a message via AIM to neogothboy74 Send a message via Yahoo to neogothboy74
Re: Wolverine And The X-Men - anyone watching?

I did mean season. Sorry. I watch a lot of british tv (AbFab, the Doctor Whoniverse, Little Britain, etc) and I get my words mixed up as a result. I loved the Season.

I think it was called Wolverine & the X-Men to capitalize on the Wolverine movie - or at least that's what I assumed when the series was announced. But while Wolverine isn't my favorite character, I think putting him in a leadership role has worked wonders for Scott / Cyclops; his character has taken on some of the traits associated with Wolverine and I think it's really worked well for him. And this Logan has taken on some of Scott's personality as well. I really like this version of the team. A lot of the story / character seems based on the films, but they're not afraid of bringing in lots of comic inspired characters / stories - or of taking risks.

As for Emma Frost, I thought she worked wonders here. I'm so sick of Jean Grey. I used to love her and the Phoenix storyline but it's just been done to death. Literally. She's alive. She'd dead. She's alive. She's a clone. She's the Phoenix Force. She's travelled through time. She's dead. She's Alive. I just can't deal with it anymore. However, I do think they deal very well with this permutation of her character in this series, so I like her a lot more here; and I'm actuallly excited to see what the 2nd season will bring for these characters. I really enjoy the large cast of characters. I was constantly impressed at seeing so many favorites of mine, and seeing them used well. And they always left me hungry for more.

I'm hooked.
neogothboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote