View Single Post
Old March 30 2009, 08:19 PM   #142
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Terminator 2-20 "To the Lighthouse" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Wouter2 wrote: View Post
Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
How is it masterful? Weaver looks worried and says it was a mistake to JH. You'd think she might be thrilled if hunting Skynet was her objective, but she looked upset. Even if hunting Skynet was her objective, then what's stopping her? She's from the future, so she should know a thing or two about how Skynet develops, and if it's really a threat to her, she should be out there squashing it.
And Weaver did go out there to squash it, didn't she? As for being worried, that was because she has just discovered a serious competitor in her own line of business (both regarding developping super AIs and collecting Coltan). I always thought this made way more sense than Weaver killing all of her own employees because someone made a mistake - I could understand killing those few directly responsible, but the whole plant? She was eliminating the competition.
That does, also, make sense when you consider a comment made by Cameron in Season Two about the machines not being programmed to be cruel. If she murdered them all for one little mistake that could be interpreted as a cruel punishment. If they were the enemy then it would be a different story.

Though Carter did do the same to his employees in Season One.

It could also be an important point to use in negotiation with human resistance fighters like the Connors, if she ever has to treat with them (which I suspect is going to happen soon).
Good point.