View Single Post
Old March 30 2009, 05:47 PM   #47
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Wolverine And The X-Men - anyone watching?

Christopher wrote: View Post
darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
Given the bleak present and the liklihood of an even bleaker future (MRD, Sentinels, etc) can you see Catatonic Cyclops being the leader the X-Men need?

I can't.

The only other possible option MIGHT be Storm, but Wolverine is a soldier. He'll make the tough calls "Slim" wouldn't dare make.
That's a decent explanation. Not sure I buy Xavier thinking in those terms, though. I see him as more of an idealist. And Scott is like a son to him. He'd be more likely to tell Scott that he had to get his act together and become a leader again because the world depended on it.

Although maybe Charles is trying to protect Scott. Logan essentially can't be killed, so if things are getting much more dangerous for the X-Men, he's a good choice as the leader.
Good points but still, they've shown that Scott can't lead if Jean is gone.

How can you really be a team leader if you can't move past the loss of one? That isn't the mind set of a soldier. They won't have Storm lead, which I assume is because of the mostly young male demographic. If "DoFP" is their fate, not Cyclops but rather Wolverire is the only one who can teach them how to fight for more than just civil rights. He can teach them how to fight to survive.