View Single Post
Old March 29 2009, 01:30 PM   #8
mirandafave
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm

The Lower Decks perspective keeps up. two little grumbles, if you don't mind.

One, when Ayala was in the medical bay he had to draw his rifle to shoot the creature. This despite previously stating:
Ayala instinctively manoeuvred for a clear line of sight. If that creature got anywhere near Janeway or miraculously managed to break through the forcefield hed blast it on sight.
I'd have thought at this point he might have drawn his weapon instead of waiting for trouble.

Second grumble doesn't really count either, just this rather important away team is comprised of very junior crew. I'd have expected someone else apart from Paris to come along. However, for purposes of plot and to uphold the Lower Decks perspective we have to forego that detail. Also, that would be a complaint we'd normally have in Voyager, that it was the same away team personnel every time and a case of putting all eggs into the one basket.

Must commend you for Wildman and Telfer scene. The detail and 'science' behind their observations was great to read. It added to the atmosphere and the mystery behind the aliens plus it added to the stock of these characters. Excellent anyway. It's the type of scene detail I like.

Keep trucking.
mirandafave is offline   Reply With Quote