View Single Post
Old March 27 2009, 05:55 PM   #13
Jbarney
Commander

Re: Top 10 funniest episodes

Gary7 wrote: View Post
I couldn't find a previous thread on this, although I have a feeling this must have been talked about before...

What do you think were the top 10 funniest episodes of TOS? Some were all out comedic, while others had a serious plot with either some intentionally funny parts or just plain silliness. Here's my list, in order of "funny factor":

1. "The Trouble with Tribbles"
2. "I, Mudd"
3. "Shore Leave"
4. "Whom Gods Destroy"
5. "A Piece of the Action"
6. "Plato's Stepchildren"
7. "By Any Other Name"
8. "The Naked Time"
9. "The Squire of Gothos"
10. "Catspaw"
Of these I think the funniest would be "By Any Other Name". In my view Scotty drinking with the Kelvan is one of the funniest scenes EVER in trek. I know many people hold "A Piece of the Action" up as one of the best, but after repeated viewings there are some parts other people enjoy that I find annoying. Not that the episode is bad, it was fun, I just don't hold it as highly as some others. Same as "The Trouble with Tribbles". In my mind the best thing about the episode was Worf being able to say in DS9 that the Tribble Homeworld had been obliterated. That was funny.