View Single Post
Old March 27 2009, 01:14 AM   #14
Norrin Radd
Vice Admiral

Re: Cobra Commander revealed (SPOILERS)

exodus wrote: View Post
Good God people get a grip! You'd think with how much stuff is leaked on the interne, you all would know already why he looks like that.

The movie producers invented that reason, just like they invented the new mask.

“We’ll see Cobra Commander in the Cobra mask [but] it will not be like the show,” said di Bonaventura, who also promised they aren’t going to the comics for that one either. “I found some of the [mask] aspects a little KKK for me,” he said, “so we tried to steer away from that image. We thought that might be a little much.”
This quote exemplifies just how much a clueless, yet powerful, movie producer can fuck things up.

I mean, why change things that are so easy not to change? Why put a face outline on Snake Eye's mask? Why put them in black body armor when regular army clothes would likely do? Why change Cobra Commander's mask when either of the alternatives would look perfectly fine on screen? The thing is, this shit matters with GI-Joe because a lot of their appeal was based on their individual, distinctive uniforms which reflected their abilities and personalites.

I have no issue with them making some changes, but it's like these things are just done on the arbitrary whims of people who have zero attachment to the source material.

Though I'm a child of the 80s, I was never into GI Joe, being much more of a Transformers and He-Man fan.
But still this bullshit just pisses me off in principle.
Norrin Radd is offline   Reply With Quote