View Single Post
Old March 26 2009, 06:28 AM   #42
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Another average for me. Same issues with stalling and predictable plot. Even though I expected Sayid to shoot Ben, it was still cool to see. Love triangle stuff was boring, the Dharma people stuff was pretty boring, Sayid's bits in the past were pretty boring. Sayid's interrogation was interesting, but seemed to kind of peter out before anything REALLY interesting happened. Radzinsky is annoying. The introduction of the bounty hunter could have been cool, but turned out to be boring and pointless. I mean, we already knew she captures Sayid... so the fact that she turned on him isn't going to be a surprise. So the best they could come up with is cliche seduction followed up with a "take off my shoe" and a kick to the face? No doubt they'll do a flashback for her, which is unfortunate because they've already made me not care about her.

My theory is that the island is just out of synch with time, which started when the government buried a nuke on an island already containing strange natural properties. The people are being rezzed and brought to the island as time's natural reaction to heal itself. Or if you think of time as a boat moving through the water dragging buoys, if you yank a buoy out of the water and throw it off to the side, eventually as you go the buoy will fall back in to line on it's path as it did previously. Ben killed Locke full knowing that he would be ressureccted.