View Single Post
Old March 24 2009, 04:35 AM   #17
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Excelsior Technical Manual - Revived!

kitsune wrote: View Post
Praetor wrote: View Post
Oh, what the hell. Next chapter.
I think it would be good if you mentioned the Japanese design aesthetic that Bill George said he used when designing the Excelsior class.
Well, that was actually my intent by having the head designer actually be Japanese. I'll revise to make it a little more clear.

Additionally, the intermix chamber was moved to a vertical orientation
Wouldn't it be more meaningful to say that the matter and anti-matter injectors were arranged vertically? (I consider the intermix chamber to be the actual reaction chamber, whose orientation is more or less irrelevant.)
Well, I was actually referring the intermix chamber itself, particularly because the prior prototypes (which I am actually referencing the study models commissioned for STIII) would have had to have a horizontal intermix chamber. But the technical portion will make clear that they are arranged the way you describe. I'll rephrase here too to make it a bit more clear.

There, try that.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote