View Single Post
Old March 22 2009, 08:15 PM   #318
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

Twisted (**)

You may remember the other day when I said that it doesn't matter if an episode makes huge scientific and logical flaws if it is entertaining. Well half of this episode follows that rule and the other half does not.

The first half where the crew is getting lost and unable to make their way to the bridge is fun and I found myself really liking the cast interactions because they did some cast pairing which we haven't seen much of up til now; Harry and the Doctor, Tom and B'Elanna, Chakotay and Neelix. Fun is had by all.

Then Janeway falls into the tunnel of stretching and everything begins to fall apart. Once the episode stops being fun I started asking more logical questions. Why did Tuvok leave a red-shirt in charge of the bridge in the middle of a crisis? If the ship is twisting how come rooms are moving about with no evidence of twisting? How come the holodeck wont shut off? What does Kes see in Neelix?

Then there is that scene where they all stand there waiting for the wobbly wall to hit them, and some of that dialogue was painful. However nothing can be as bad as the final scene on the bridge where Janeway says "Maybe it was just trying to say hello". That physically hurt my brain.

Another episode which could have been done on TNG.