View Single Post
Old March 21 2009, 04:48 AM   #152
Vonstadt
Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

I went with above average

Final Battle = AWESOME so old school NuBSG! The triage, the fighting, even the IN DEPTH look at the characters and the opera house explaination of the so called 'truce' Fantastic I loved the imagry of the old Galacica as the opera house where all things have been performed since the end of the clonies! Perfect!

Torry getting what she deserved and the end of the truce - AWESOME!

The rest...um meh.

I like how that wasn't really Kara but her spirit, I did get it and the fact she was the daughter of Daniel who was obviously stepping into to balance out Cavil's evil domination over the Cylon nation...but just the 'back to nature' routine was something kinda contrived, at least it felt that way to explain how we had zero artifacts on Earth

I did like however how Caprica and Balter (the Head ones) were basically God's representations of 'Good and Evil' Angels watching over us in our never ending struggle. That and Helo and Athena living happily ever after...that and Galen sorta being the formation of 'Gaelic' culture (that was cute )

I dunno just the ending fell a little flat out average for me, I pained me to see the old girl just fly away to burn up in the sun with the rest of the fleet. Felt more likeit was being tossed away like an empty beer can than actualy being honored for her last mission.

I felt after that she deserved a more fitting end like the Arizona at Pearl. I dunno once more I get it was to keep in line with what the writers were going for but still...that gave me more of the contrived ending...like how it was now unanimous that everyone just embraced the zero creature comfort back to nature thing.

So I gave it above average, definitely better than most finale's but I remember being more moved by the image and music of the destruction of the Babylon station then I was seeing Galactica heading off into the sun. I had tears in my eyes when the B5 Station went up...I just kinda felt like waving when Anders sly into the 'sunset'

Anyways a relatively decent sendoff in my opinion...just couldve been better.

Vons