View Single Post
Old March 21 2009, 04:48 AM   #151
galleywest
Hallowed Weenie

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

I kinda gave up on the series a couple of years ago, it was all Just Too Much to try to wade through anymore. I felt a kind of obligation, though, to see off what I think really has really been influential on the genre. So I watched. And....

I really liked it. I'm very glad that it got an ending that gave closure to the story of Galactica, but kept open questions as to humanity as a whole (where did those visions come from? Who was Kara? What was coincidence and what was not?). I'm also happy that decent time was given to all the main characters, each got a proper send-off. What I really loved, however, was how, when they finally reached their goal planet, all the fighting, intrigue, the drama kinda vanished. Like they realized, hey, it's over now...and there are more important things to concentrate on! You realize that that was just one chapter of humanity, and now a new one is starting.

Frankly, after all those grim, gritty, claustrophobic scenes in Galactica's grey interior, it was so nice to see the characters out in the sun.

So, nice job. Considering the crappiness of some series finales (I'm lookin' at you, TATV), I'd say it was an excellent wrap-up.