View Single Post
Old March 20 2009, 03:01 AM   #87
McCoy
Commodore

Re: Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

Brent wrote: View Post
InvisibleGT wrote: View Post
QCzar wrote: View Post
I especially like the scene towards the end with Jack and Sawy...uh...I mean LaFleur. The tension was palatable and conveyed genuine ambivalence the characters have for eachother even more so now than before. And because I always like when Sawyer puts Dr Self-Righteous in check.
To clear something up, did you mean "palpable," as opposed to "palatable?"

As far as the connection between Lil' Ben and Sayid, I'm not entirely certain that Ben would have known about Sayid earlier in the series. The way that this season has shown time travel memory to work is that, upon finding something out, that memory, in essence, is decoupled from the timeline, and travels to the "present." So, if anything, when Ben finally comes to on the Hydra Island, he would instantly be aware that Sayid is in the past.
That is my understanding of how Faraday explained it as well, plus that is how it worked with Desmond when Faraday told Desmond to find his mom, he just woke up in the future remembering it as a memory all the sudden.
I think that instantly spontaneous "memory creation" only works on Desmond though, because of the way he was unstuck for a time. Daniel did say that Desmond was special and the rules didn't apply to him.

So Ben did meet Sayid (and possibly some or all of the rest of the lostaways now in the past) in his youth. The question is whether he hasn't realized it, forgot about it, or is keeping quiet about it.

Knowing Ben, my bet is on that last one.