View Single Post
Old March 18 2009, 11:59 PM   #15
Verteron
Rear Admiral

Re: Bear's Finale Music

FWIW, I finally managed to get hold of a copy of the BSG sound track here in the UK (well, seasons 1 to 3 anyway). I actually had to order a CD, wait for delivery, unwrap a physical object, put it in a computer, and find some ripping software.

It was like something out of the Victorian era. Why it's not on iTunes (given the number of people who watch BSG online via iTunes or SkyPlayer in the UK, or hulu.com/scifi.com in the US) I do not know.

However, once I got through that ordeal, I have to say, it's stunningly good. Someone's uploaded a bunch of the tracks to YouTube (probably not entirely legitimately) but the quality is awful in comparison, on my sound system the music was absolutely enthralling, and I really enjoyed the extended cuts in particular of Passcaglia, Kobol's Last Gleaming, The Shape of Things To Come, Lords of Kobol, Roslin and Adama, Admiral and Commander, Wander My Friends (complete with Irish gaelic lyrics) and of course, the extended version of All Along the Watchtower.

Wander my friends, wander with me
Like the mist on the green mountain, moving eternally
Despite our weariness,
we'll follow the road
Over hills and valleys
to the end of the journey

Awesome, awesome work.

I don't know how this man finds time to write such high quality orchestral music for episodic television. He must be a Cylon.