View Single Post
Old March 18 2009, 07:49 PM   #31
SiorX
Fleet Captain

Re: Which Borg incarnation is freakier? Series or First Contact?

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Gary7 wrote: View Post
I also support the series perspective as being the most powerful. I can't agree more that introducing a Borg queen was contradictory to the whole principle upon which the Borg are based--an anonymous collective. There is NO NEED for a queen. It makes no sense. The collective mind is what drives the Borg. And that is what is so alien. So formidable. So deadly. As Picard said, "You can't reason with the Borg." At least not until their existence is threatened, as with species 8472.

So yes... FC started it and Voyager propagated it... this "violation" to Borg life. The queen. Tragic defacement of a great idea.
Actually, I'm going to disagree with most people here and say that the Queen is actually not only plausible, but logical and maybe even inevitable when it comes to the Borg. I won't explain in this thread why I think that (it would be off topic), but I'd be happy to start a thread about it.
I'd be interested in hearing that argument. I dunno whether a new thread is necessary - it doesn't seem particularly OT to me. But either way, have at it if you like.
SiorX is offline   Reply With Quote