View Single Post
Old March 18 2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Top41

Re: Legend of the Seeker - The Most Under Rated Series?

galleywest wrote: View Post
I adore Legend of the Seeker, which is unusual for me. It's not usually my type of thing, the fantasy series, but I find the three leads engaging--especially Bruce Spence, Puppeteer is a personal favorite--and like the storyline. It's a show that seems to enjoy itself all around (the actors always seem to be having a good time with the material) and even when it's a little cheesy or cliche I feel like it's genuinely entertaining. I never miss an episode, and yay for Hulu which has them all online.

And no, Top41, you are not alone in noticing the high eye-candy quotient.
Yeah, I really like them all, too! I think Bridget Regan is especially good as Kahlan. Richard and Rahl are both hotties, too.

Indysolo wrote: View Post
You can watch them at hulu right now. I think my favorite episode so far was "Puppeteer".

Neil
"Puppeteer" seems to be a favorite with a lot of people! I really liked it as well. The lighter tone was fun, as were Zedd's interactions with Rahl.

Christopher wrote: View Post
I find it moderately entertaining, but nothing special. The leads are amiable but mediocre talents. The violence is excessive; at least when these same producers made Xena, they acknowledged the cost of violence and made it a moral dilemma rather than just gee-whiz action.
I'm glad it's not really cheesy or filled with totally fluffy action scenes where people are chopping off heads left and right and not batting an eyelash. I never watched Xena or Hercules, and though I hear they were fun--and long-running!--shows, I don't think the total camp factor would be to my taste. I like that Legend of the Seeker has a more serious tone.