View Single Post
Old March 15 2009, 02:10 AM   #147
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x19: "Daybreak, Part I"

GodBen wrote: View Post
It is difficult to rate an episode like this where it is all set-up, but my feeling was that this episode was Above Average. It should manage to work better once the DVDs come out and we can watch Parts 1 & 2 in one go as it was intended.
This right here is actually why I'm starting to wish I had waited to cast my final vote until next week. If it is correct that Daybreak was actually an over 3 hour episode that got parts cut out and then had the remainder divided into 2 parts, then the reason I don't like it is because it was probably supposed to flow together with the other 2+ hours. But by getting just the first hour, the flashbacks didn't seem to have anything to do with anything. And since the flashbacks are what really killed episode for me, that means I voted lower because a large part of the episode won't get context or meaning until combined with the other part.

Of course, if I come to find next week that these flashbacks still have nothing to do with anything... well... I could easily drop kick a puppy over something like that.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama