View Single Post
Old March 13 2009, 12:47 AM   #449
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Re: Ratings are in !

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
^ But that's still numbers.
Well, apparently the point that you were trying to make was not the one I got from your post.

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
I'm not trying to start a stats battle here, because I don't have the research to back it up. However, I do think it's worth noting that just about everyone I know that watches BSG has caught onto it around about season 3.5. This is hardly definitive evidence, and I am NOT trying to pose it as such, but I imagine the reality of BSG's audience is much, much higher than that time-slot statistic indicates.
To bring in my own anecdotal audience, half of the people I know who watch the show stopped at various points during season two. Hell, until I got my new job late last year I thought that everybody else I knew who watched it had quit. So my personal experience lines up perfectly with Sci-fi's numbers.

I suppose it's possible that, as the measured audience has shrunk, the non-measured audience has stayed the same or even grown. I just don't think it terribly likely.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido