View Single Post
Old March 12 2009, 07:18 PM   #52
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Cardassian ships: those I am attracted to. Mechanical eye-candy.

USS_Triumphant wrote: View Post
Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Might they be effectively a torus for the plasma flow around the black hole?
They might. It has also occurred to me that the D'D is one of the few ship designs that could use thrusters to spin the ship around a central point that is not inside the hull, to generate gravity if the artificial system went down.
I can't help but wonder if it might also have something to do with the fact that the ship doesn't have visible impulse engines?

I like the Galor class, too - but to me, it always looks like it has its aft-end forward. Whereas I would have preferred to see Ferengi Marauders oriented that way, if for no other reason than to make 'em almost the same as the Krellan ships from the old Star Fleet computer game.
I think that was the fault of that big tail disruptor. Had it been detailed differently, or had a more engine-like assembly been put there it might have visually read more like the aft end. Personally, I like it the way it goes but when I used to play with my Micro Machines versions, I distinctly remember turning it the other way to make it a different class on occasion.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote